Travelling to Kelowna and UBCO
UBCO is on Hwy 97, 20 minutes north from downtown Kelowna and across from the Kelowna International Airport. Kelowna’s airport has non-stop flights to several major centres including Seattle, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Victoria, Toronto, and Montreal. For more information on getting to UBCO, see Getting Here & Parking.
Travel from the Airport to BIRS-UBC-O
The campus is a short taxi ride from the airport. Please inform the cab driver that you wish to be dropped off at the Nechako Residence on the UBCO campus.
Alternative modes of transportation (including walking) from the airport can be arranged. Information can be found here.
Navigating the Okanagan campus
Use the Wayfinding map on your mobile device.
- Key locations:
- Skeena Residence (residence rooms; please check in at front desk of Nechako residence)
- ARTS 103 (location of Geometry, Algebra and Physics of Higgs Bundles workshop)
- ARTS 108 (breakout room for Higgs Bundles workshop)
- ARTS 112 (coffee break room)
- ARTS 114 (meeting room for all other workshops)
- Sunshine Cafeteria (ADMINISTRATION building)
- The Well, an alternative location for lunch (UNIVERSITY CENTRE)
- Bus tickets for travel downtown on public transit can be obtained at the Green Leaf Shop in the UNC building (next to the Nechako building). A single ticket costs $2.50 and can be used for a return trip (90 minutes) if you ask for a transfer.
- UBCO Maps and Directions
Public Transit and Walking
Campus Map - including the new trail from the campus to the Innovation Building - very near the Four Points Hotel (Northeast corner of map)
A number of restaurants and fast food outlets are available in the Airport Village near the Four Points Hotel. It is about a 15 minute walk from the campus.
Public transit is also available. Bus to and From Airport Village
Restaurants can also be found on Academy Hill (10 minute walk from the campus)