UBC’s Okanagan campus is a site of the Banff International Research Station for Mathematical Innovation and Discovery (BIRS).
BIRS UBC Okanagan Workshops Arrival Guide
Welcome. On behalf of the University of British Columbia, it gives us great pleasure
to welcome you to BIRS-UBCO. We will be with you during your workshop. This guide will
help you with the first steps. Please read it carefully and contact us if you have
- Most attendees will be staying in Single Solo’s in the Skeena Building: 1320 International Mews Kelowna, BC
- Check in time is 4PM and Check out time is 11AM.
- The Front Desk is located in the Nechako Building and open 24/7.
- There is a small exercise facility in Nechako that you may use.
- Please note that each room contains one single bed and is designed for accommodating one individual only.
- Participants who will be
bringing guests (spouse, children, etc.) will be responsible for covering
their accommodation costs. They may submit
this form for partial
reimbursement after the workshop.
If this applies to you, please contact UBCO accommodations directly
to get a 2 bed bedroom or a suite by visiting:
UBCO Reservations .
*Availability is subject to change*.Please contact us if you require further assistance. Please submit the partial reimbursement request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- UBCO accommodation offers complimentary parking for accommodation guests this year. When guests arrive, they will be asked to enter their car info into a tablet at the check out counter. If anyone is not staying on campus but attending sessions, they will need to pay the regular daily rate for parking at the pay station.
All registered attendees will receive a meal card that is pre-loaded with $200. Meal cards
can be used at the following UBCO food establishments:
- Sunshine Café (Admin Building): Open every day 8am – 8pm
- Orchard Store (Nechako Building): Open every day 11am-9pm
- Starbucks (Fipke Building): Open Mon-Fri 8am-1pm
- Tim Hortons (Library): Open 7:30am-4pm Additional off-campus locations that accept the UBC meal card are:
- Quesada (202-1740 Pier Mac Way) : 778-753-0530
- Tossing Pizzeria (120-975 Academy Way) :778-753-6855
- Academy Corner Store (107-975 Academy Way): 778-753-3005
Presentation Room: Please check the workshop schedule for the assigned room number.
Coffee Breaks : ART 112
If you are not able to attend the workshop, BIRS-UBC-O staff will need
to be informed at least 4 days prior to the start of your event,
by sending a message to UBC-O@birs.ca.